*HELP*, Re: NEWBIE: Mofi 4500 Sim 7 Using Visible SIM. Support this Content and Stay in the Know! It basically takes the best our of the SIM4 and SIM7 model in one. You can learn more about what kind of cookies we use, why, and how from our Privacy Policy. The most recent version is the SIM7 version - supporting T-Mobile Band 71 and AT&T Band 14. You may consider getting the MoFi 5500 however, it does have dual M.2 slots where the cards are preinstalled. use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), and type into the URL bar the follow gateway IP for your MOFI: . Youll want to purchase and connect external MIMO antennas to the devices two SMA ports. If you want to set up a wireless security password, click on the Wizard on the left or Run Setup Wizard . by BDF1234 Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 am, Post This is basically the M.2 version of the MC7411 listed above. Sorry we couldn't be helpful. MoFi offers a range of models on their website, with often confusing product names. If you need Band 71 or Band 14, then this is the model to get - but it does come with compromises in performance. Here are the three main ways that external antennas help you increase your data rates: In 4G LTE networks, signal quality is measured as SINR (Signal to Interference plus Noise Ratio) or sometimes as RSRQ (Reference Signal Received Quality). No. *Note: Some people have had trouble with Verizon. This is interesting. If you hate cookies, or are just on a diet, you can disable them altogether too. The SIM8 was released in Spring 2021 with support for new LTE bands 14, 66, and 71. I forget your using a MOFI. However, if you have line of sight to the nearest tower, we recommend using a MIMO log periodic antenna kit instead. Then power cycle. Using your smartphone's browser, connect your phone to the default MofiNetworkXXX wifi network listed under your phone's wifi connection settings. For most folks we'd recommend the SIM4 Combo version, which is what the technical specifications below refer to. There's a fair amount of useful and interesting information to be found in the web interface. This is a follow-up to the Unlimited 4G Hotspot for $20 per Month! This antenna doesnt require line-of-sight to the tower. I'm also leaning toward 5500. It is the best option to replace both the SIM4 and SIM7 version until the MoFi 5500 is available. by bbsnooks Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere. To bring up the MOFI's signal strength page. The MoFi 4500 has two SMA ports for cellular on the back, which allow for a 2x2 MIMO antenna to be connected to the device. Wait 1 minute with the MOFI powered off, then plug the power cable back in. The EM411-DUAL variant refers to having both M.2 slots pre-installed and configured with EM7411 modules. The basic MoFi router has remained essentially the same since 2015, but MoFi has upgraded the integrated cellular radio over time. Do a quick search for Wi-Fi & Mobile Hotspot Devices and you will be able to view all available options. Click to enlarge. If the sim 4 is that outdated and don't get it unless for free why is it $350, More of a question because I was thinking of getting a used sim 4. the 5500 is better than the 4500 as it will have much better wifi coverage but the 4500 is nice and small as it is about 1/4 the size of the 5500. note with all cellular routers, there will be some plans that will not work as they are made for a cell phone or a tablet so that is something you need to be aware of. x]o,:dY>[>ItKwV/E^S(N?Pr"Er8seQ?>XG{m_f_fM:8:skdfEt&DTTyZ5Q7Y\cMVFT6?J6"(x7&mgUd+z$:~Sd)LRU O5^-\ w*BFs=[)D_ '* MNQ(s/dYQ? We've shared our in-depth testing notes with our members in more detail below, and in our testing notes: March 2019 Update: After hearing multiple recent reports of improvements in the MoFi stability and firmware, we put our SIM4 unit back into testing for re-analysis. This is currently the best 4G modem that one can get from MoFi Networks. Why does the sim 4 cost more? a) connect MOFI to the Internet using fast wired internet connection using WAN port (the cable, blue LAN port) - max speed you can get is around 60-80 mpbs on the 100 Mpb/s LAN port and probably less over WiFi. Free shipping over $99. A far superior product is described in this video: https://youtu.be/gk-_vM2COIwNew MoFi 5500 EM7690 CAT20 Router: https://amzn.to/3CZUpRFMoFi 4500 SIM8 model: https://amzn.to/2RuAQOkMoFi 4500 4G SIM4 LTE Router (Suggested for Sprint): https://amzn.to/354zJYIMoFi 4500 4G SIM7 LTE Router (Suggested for Verizon, T-Mobile and AT\u0026T): https://amzn.to/32uXrOzMoFi 4500 4G SIM8 LTE Router: https://amzn.to/3uFHjoFMicro SIM Card Adapter: https://amzn.to/2X1MSNFOptional Proxicast Omnidirectional Antenna: https://amzn.to/2AKdQiYOptional Yagi Antenna: https://amzn.to/2DC80kJ***Note: MoFi Network came out with the new SIM8 version of this router. Update phone number and SIM ID. My iPhone will pull 10mbps. This reset will change the wifi back to default settings. If you need band 71 or 14, then the SIM7 is the model to get . A VPN would not hide the amount of data used anyway. A fellow Sim 7 owner here. If you are looking for faster speed and don't mind getting the larger router, take a look at the MOFI5500 series. With an integrated cellular radio included with many MoFi versions, the tiny MoFi box can do away with the need for a separate cellular hotspot entirely. Some links below may be affiliate links (see our disclaimer), which also helps fund MIRC. Picture Information. stream If you've purchased the MoFi and need help. MoFi has provided us with both a basic MoFi 4500 and the universal cellular SIM4 model, and we tested them in a range of locations and situations. Weve found its often better to mount the antenna(s) on the side of the building where the structure can shield the antennas from interference. With savings up to 11% off, you could save more than your membership cost! Hard to say. If you are looking to upgrade to a mofi or Asus router, you will need home internet services. The components can all be purchased on Amazon and cost about $100 - $170 depending on the cable length you need. The booster may appear to be giving strong signal, but it also amplifies and adds noise to the signal. Router password screen: This is the password that you used to log into router with username root . The vendors displayed below provide larger discounts to our MIAs that we have negotiated instead of displaying affiliate links while they are logged in. %PDF-1.5 One more note, some users here are running TTL at 117 for Verizon. The following 4G/LTE bands are supported: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B14, B18, B19, B20, B21, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B43, B46, B48, B66, B71 as well as the following 5G NR Sub-6 bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n38, n40, n41, n48, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79, The RM502 refers to the Quectel RM502 module inside, I believe it is based on the RM502Q-AE. Band locking is a great way to optimize data rates through an LTE router or hotspot. 5. We offer multiple ways to keep up to date and help make MIRC possible. #seletraining #mofi Become a full member and go further with in-depth member exclusive content, discounts, interactive guidance and alerts. If you need a little more guidance, you can find a video about this here. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. LTE FIX- The Wireless Haven Online Store, WiFi and Cellular 'Plug and Play' Routers, Buy & Sell Used Cellular Internet Equipment, Cellular Frequency and Bands Used by Carriers, Customized ROOter Firmware for Routers, Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1M5), TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage, NEWBIE: Mofi 4500 Sim 7 Using Visible SIM. Just trying unsuccessfully to establish an Internet connection with a brand new Mofi 4500 and Verizon You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. The SIM 4 is the original version released and sports a Cat-6 modem with carrier aggregation. MoFi routers provide a local Wi-Fi and Ethernet LAN network, and support tethering to a cellular hotspot or USB modem to share your cellular connection. Please be sure to reach out to us at this point if your still not connected and you've already verified the above information/ config is all correct. Easy returns. You'll probably find the signal strongest when it is near a window. Be advised, you will need to reconnect any and all wifi connected devices to your new wifi network using the new network name (SSID) and the new wifi password you've created. . For most users the best external antenna choice for the MoFi 4500 is our MIMO panel antenna kit. Once the modem finishes saving that config change entry, wait 30 seconds and then unplug the power cable from your MOFI (turn it off). what is the "best" for AT&T? What type of increase can I expect from going to a 8800l jetpack only used with wifi to the mofi sim4 using ethernet cord. MoFi 4500 User Manual. Modified on: Wed, 22 Sep, 2021 at 12:00 PM, Below are some key troubleshooting steps for optimizing and ensuring a successful internet connection for your MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7 V3. The SIM4 refers to the Sierra Wireless MC7455. For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options: Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews. An increase in signal strength is actually probably the third most important way that external antennas help. if you need an ATT high usage plan, we can offer you a plan up to 750GB a month for $129.99US per month, I know it is a bit expensive so you can look around but if you do need a high usage plan, you can keep that as a reference in case you have an issue finding anything better. by Didneywhorl Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:16 am, Post Do you have an opinion? This reset will change the wifi back to default settings. 5. Go ahead and mount the antenna, run cables inside, connect everything up, and enjoy superior data rates! c'5^0d7sn/@^F#)p&H,PW` ?F~|'N&|X DndxUCC|I0D6#!xUGc g[quLaoX 1s4#|7Xkp@?6TD62Ied oop9>"g^Fc>'^wq|apdS:oCC,4VY% 3O[8f%'fV[qZ/MvSKq: 0a~Be8AKH|@VH4+m!1DOr?#u~z\G2qV +"up'h(#1XF5Aa=oz fbg1I^g5]5i2hg}E|@CY~ 0g(#mX[f[,E 8"Ef6 2T!5KspX4m)SP5`trm/-A6DW4 QfLW@cI d,yg9$DdP! L _ Y\RQZ'C`9I.i!IqJ,N@ZMT u "k/$;2CeDynhXHq#NxIU"i^aQEA Things to Consider: You have a working internet connection. Im not sure why, except the terrible wifi chips and optimization. by BillA Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 am, Post I have never tried it. This is very important to do "Checking signal strength" if you are changing from a Blue plan (AT&T) to a Pink plan (T-Mobile) or visa versa.Checking SignalStrength. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM8-VEHICLE-COMBO V3. If you need band 71 or 14, then the SIM7 is the model to get - but it does come with compromises in performance. Here you can configure your wifi settings however you want. Looking to get the best possible data rates from your MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 or MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7? The SIM is free however you get it. The mofi4500 does not have support for any cat 12 modules. Free shipping for many products! 3 MB Download. There is no need to use a VPN to hide it. The modem lacks carrier aggregation and support for Sprint bands. Higher data rates allow your hotspot to communicate using "higher order modulation schemes." I'm using "VSLBINTERNET" as my custom APN, Linux-2 65 as my TTL, and I've even updated to the most current firmware available. Satisfaction guaranteed. The below instructions will walk you through how to change the default wifi name and password on the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7 V31. *HELP*. Please check the comments for more information. by BDF1234 Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:56 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere. Using your smartphone's browser, connect your phone to the default MofiNetworkXXX wifi network listed under your phone's wifi connection settings. Setting up a brand new Mofi 4500 with Verizon - WIRELESS JOINT WIRELESS JOINT Setting up a brand new Mofi 4500 with Verizon Forum rules Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post 6 posts Page 1 of 1 bhc6072 Posts: 2 Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:41 am Has thanked: 0 Been thanked: 0 by happy2bhere Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:47 pm, Post If you need Band 71 or Band 14, then this is the model to get - but it does come with compromises in performance. Good signal strength is typically better than -100 dBm, e.g. It is a 4G LTE CAT-7 modem that supports the following bands: B2, B4, B5, B7, B12, B13, B14, B25, B26, B41, B42, B43, B48, B66, B71. Once find the location with the strongest signal, leave the MOFI there. (Username: root / Password: admin), When the Overview page loads, Click on the "Mofi Internal Modem" setting on the left-hand menu pane. The modem supports carrier aggregation, and MoFi touts this model as the 'best of' the SIM4 and SIM7 versions. Mofi support was helpful - after running through all of their various reset protocols - I suspect the trick was using a custom APN set to "TRACFONE.VZWENTP". Sorry we couldn't be helpful. by BDF1234 Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:49 am, Post But might put that on your list of things to try. T-Mobile / Pink Premier, Basic or Max (device dependent). Instead of going through the Wilson booster, you need antennas connected directly to the mofi unit. Is that as good as it gets? 5 0 obj See example photo of this page below. ] a%lo"6HJID1_-.Azo}*X3dJ>BN w3,4 *ca\=AZ*ctb ?@S$u#-10XkGI"#-"FCPK\F'W9 G+j8I[[&txB.q-B;#J,L@2L*,tgG f5b\"57%)7K84IH8\temQ|G@(|mNn8]'imS&n )#4+O$ 5 uJ[D/a`+H+U=eYLZ"E\$!:;yt!E ^6'u>b kD#& }be+}qGC,{qYy(}b*O_M"K2M?. Hit Login once credentials are entered. Want to get the best data rates from your MOFI4500-4GXeLTE? (Some phones will default to a LTE connection and ignore the wifi connection if there is no working internet and if this is the case for you, please put the phone or tablet info airplane mode to disable the LTE connection). The SIM7 was released in Spring 2020 with support for T-Mobile's Band 71 and AT&T's Band 14. The MoFi 4500 is one of few routers to allow manual band locking in their web interface - here's a step by step guide of how to do it. It is a 4G LTE CAT-4 modem that supports the following bands: B2, B4, B12, B13, B14, B17, B66, B71, The SIM8 refers to the Sierra Wireless MC7411. Post Enter the following IP: Log into the Mofi's User Interface using below credentials (these are the default. This can be quite time consuming, but often results in significant improvements to data rates. stream Once you've verified your device (phone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc) is connected to your MOFI (youDO NOT need a working internet connection to log in and or access your MOFI's (UI) dashboard), open up an approved web browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer (DO NOTuse Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), and type into the URL bar the follow gateway IP for your MOFI:192.168.10.1. You should be brought to the MOFI's UI homepage which looks like the below picture. ), T-Mobile Business Tablet Promo $15/Month For Unlimited Data And 10GB Of Mobile Hotspot, Cricket Wireless Promotion: Adds 50GB of Bonus Data to Simply Data Plans, FMCA Tech Connect+ Benefit Now Offers a Verizon Accelerate Data Plan And Updates The AT&T Option, Google Fi No Longer Officially Using UScellular Network, Starlink Business Adds Two New Tiers Of Service. I wouldn't ever consider the SIM4 or SIM7 at this time unless you are getting it for free. That must be pretty crappy wifi device in the Mofi. This will bring you to the Wifi setting page. LTE FIX- The Wireless Haven Online Store, WiFi and Cellular 'Plug and Play' Routers, Buy & Sell Used Cellular Internet Equipment, Cellular Frequency and Bands Used by Carriers, Customized ROOter Firmware for Routers, Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1M5), TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage, Setting up a brand new Mofi 4500 with Verizon, https://support.unlimitedville.com/supp ion-issues, Re: Setting up a brand new Mofi 4500 with Verizon. Repeat this for every tower in your area, and make notes of the speed test results you get from each band and tower combination. Once you hit finish to select a new frequency band, the MoFi will take a few minutes to reboot. If you'd just like to change the name and password of your wifi network, keep reading. Easy returns. Hit Login once credentials are entered. On this page we will discuss six of the settings seen on this page: That's it, simply save your changes by clicking the Save button before leaving this page. Subject to change I do not have super fast speeds but it works for what I need Re: mofi 4500 and Visible SIM with Verizon Post by Adm1jtg Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:41 pm Not sure what your budget is but you can get a prebuilt wg3526 with an ep06 modem all put together and already loaded for like $275 and the 826'a for about $200 UnlimitedToGo provides unlimited internet access via. The goal is to find the best location and direction for the antenna(s), to maximize data rates to the MoFi. The reason this works so well, is because different frequency bands transmit with different bandwidths. I've completed the general setup (so I think?). by Didneywhorl Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:08 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. by bhc6072 Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:47 pm, Post Note: Neither 5G modules RM502 nor EM9191 support mmWave (bands n257, n258, n260, n261). Our Mobile Internet Aficionados (MIA) get special discounts from the below vendors. We recommend two different MIMO antenna options for use with the MoFi 4500: This MIMO panel antenna kit will provide meaningful signal improvement, even if you're surrounded by trees, hills, or tall buildings. I'm not familiar with the MOFI firmware and UI, but if those signal numbers are right I have zero idea how you are even connected. No. If you are not, please verify your device is connected to the MofiNetwork wifi and then try again. Enter the following IP: 192.168.10.1 in the address (URL) bar on your phones web browser (safari, firefox, internet explorer), Enter admin for the password and log in. I am no longer recommending the MoFi router. Free 'Library Desk' Group Released Around: April, 2016 / Last Updated: March 20, 2021. Multi-Carrier Cellular Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), The Best External Antennas For the Mofi Network MOFI4500-4GXeLTE, Why External Antennas Are Critical for Improving Data Rates, MoFi 4500 4GXeLTE Versions and Technical Specifcations, Small Cells: Femtocells, Microcell and Metrocells, AT&T Microcell Has Been Discontinued: 5 Replacements, Antenna Guides For Hotspots/Modems/Routers. We don't sell stuff, we are primarily member funded. bg placed at . The change isn't instantaneous, so pauseafter each move to give the numbers a chance to be refreshed. The MOFI performs best when it has the best signal strength from the cellular tower. Let us know if you have any other questions. Positioning and aiming MIMO antennas well is crucial to getting the best performance to your MoFi 4500, or indeed any other router. Since I'm looking only for 4G/LTE speeds MOFI5500-5GXeLTE-7690-COMBO CAT20 seems to be the best all in one option? by Didneywhorl Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:30 pm, Post Skip checking signal strength if you've already done this for the carrier sim card in which you are installing/ changing to. News Feed, Education & Q&As, 2023 | Two Steps Beyond LLC | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use & Disclosure | Accessibility Statement. Model: MoFi4500-4GXeLTE SIM7 To bring up the MOFI's signal strength page. I'm trying to decide between the EM9191 & the RM502. Now disconnect the standard paddle antennas, and connect the external MIMO antennas to your MoFi 4500 via the cellular SMA ports, like in the image above. This can be time consuming and accuracy is often questionable - we've listed our suggestions in an article on the. Log into your MOFI User Interface (dashboard) by first connecting to the Mofi's wifi network or by using a direct LAN connection with an ethernet cable between your laptop and/ or computer and LAN1 port on the MOFI. Once you've identified the best tower and band combination, lock your MoFi to that band, and make sure your outdoor antenna is secured so that it doesn't move in the wind. A VPN will get around the video streaming 2 Mbps throttle. by UPSMAN Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:21 am, Post video at https://youtu.be/s7H5vLWb68o. Click save and wait for the modem to apply config change and reconnect (~ 30 seconds). In the above picture, you will see the 2 yellow highlighted portions which you will use to change the wifi network name (, That's it, simply save your changes by clicking the. Give it roughly 2-3 minutes to boot back up and you should now have connectivity to the network, assuming all other device configurations are correct to include an active sim card being installed correctly. It also had a Cat-7 modem that supports carrier aggregation, and MoFi describes this model as the 'best of' the SIM4 and SIM7 versions. Model: MOFI5500-5GXeLTE Router Specs: # of Connected Devices: Not specified Wi-Fi Router: Wi-Fi Standard: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) - Simultaneous 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Max Theoretical Speed: Not specified Wi-Fi Antennas: 4x4 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi as WAN: Yes Claimed Wi-Fi Range: Up to 1000 feet Guest Wi-Fi Network: Yes Default Control Panel Address and Password: 192.168.1.1, "admin / admin" Trying to Return Your WiFiBlast Range Extender? Members please check for discount codes before ordering. by Journey5529 Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:56 pm, Post My fault. This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content! Cg8V,aw' J\he@ixR4|f::=00;hxt? I do have some opinions and hope not to offend. %PDF-1.5 MoFi Routers Evolve - New MOFI 5500 Lineup: Upgraded Hardware, Refreshed Modems and a 5G Future, Insty Connect Explorer 4G12: Roof Mounted Cat-12 Modem & Antennas with Indoor Wi-Fi Router, An Overview of T-Mobile LTE Band 71 and Compatible LTE Modems & Routers (WiFiRanger, Gli.Net, Mofi, Pepwave, etc. The two at the front, labeled "2.4GHz" are for the WiFi antennas - leave these connected. However, the modem is only a Cat-4 which lacks carrier aggregation and support for Sprint bands. Please browse through the comments to get more information about the MoFi and how it is working for other subscribers. Help us improve this article with your feedback. If you get a better signal strength outside of your home, then it may be worth getting an exterior antenna that can bring the better outside signal inside to the MOFI. Satisfaction guaranteed. Wifi on all WE826 based devices is horrid. Some folks have found it easier to install a signal booster which would be dual purpose (boosts cell reception in-home for both phone calls and data service) More information on signal boosters can be found here. I'm thinking about getting MOFI4500 for our usual camping spot where neither Verizon or T-Mobile have good coverage, only AT&T. by 56387f Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:34 pm, Post It has support for all of the carriers but lacks Band 71 for T-Mobile and Band 14 for AT&T. If you are set on the 4500 then the SIM8 would be the best for you regardless of the carrier. Next, click the dropdown selection by "Encryption" and select any of those security options (we recommend WPA-PSK for very basic password security). See below picture example. This helps increase data rates, but only up to a point. IF they don't work, you'd need to recall the admin password you setup or factory reset the device), On the general settings page, for the entry . Log into your MOFI User Interface (dashboard) by first connecting to the Mofi's wifi network or by using a direct LAN connection with an ethernet cable between your laptop and/ or computer and LAN1 port on the MOFI. An external antenna could help, possibly. gpR**KB[[] We use cookies to try and give you a better experience in Freshdesk Support Desk. This modem supports the following 4G/LTE bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B9, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B21, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B43, B46, B48, B66, B71 as well as the following 5G NR Sub6-bands: N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N8, N12, N20, N25, N28, N38, N40, N41, N48, N66, N71. MoFi also supports direct USB tethering to Android phones and was the first router to support direct iOS smartphone tethering (a feature now matched by WiFiRanger). I just purchased a Mofi 4500 Sim 7 Router and a Visible sim card to use as my internet setup in my van. That will likely fluctuate depending on what time of day (slower in the evenings with more congestion on the network). With each location and direction you try, run a couple speed tests, and make a note of the results. Aim your external MIMO antenna(s) at each nearby tower and band lock the MoFi 4500 to each band that the tower transmits. Support all provider in North America. by DogTho Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:03 pm, Post Are you a member? Set-Up & Optimization. The results will fluctuate a little, but this is the baseline you're trying to improve. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in: For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: Mobile internet options are constantly changing. Recommend the best external antennas to use. -90 dBm or -95 dBm. Help us improve this article with your feedback. Was this article helpful? Well also assume you agree to the way we use cookies and are ok with it as described in our Privacy Policy, unless you choose to disable them altogether through your browser. There's one big misconception about external antennas. Using a MIMO antenna outside your building, pointed at the nearest tower, can help you get the fastest LTE data rates possible. (Feel free to use our generic password which is OliveIP1! But you can have good signal strength (like -90 dBm) and poor signal quality (like -14 dB) and you still have poor speeds because the received signal, although strong, is noisy. Canadian router manufacturer MoFi originally launched the MoFi 4500 line in August of 2015, with an optional integrated cellular radio. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Then I switch the Moto G5+ to my Asus NT-R66U router which is wan'd to the MoFi, and I get 20plus Mbps wifi down. If you have a poor signal strength (like -104 or -110), you typically have worse transmission speeds. Was your Service from Tracfone or through VZW direct? Use a laptop to connect to your MoFi's WiFi network, and open a web browser - Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari are recommended. Please log in above to access your member exclusive content! While MoFi looks great on paper - the actual hands-on experience is, at best, challenging. 6. a Signal Strength of -90 dBm is better than -100 dBm and a Signal Quality of -7 dB is better than -17 dB. If you hate cookies, or are just on a diet, you can disable them altogether too. Free shipping over $99. How to connect PureVPN manually on Mofi 4500 Router. LTE FIX- The Wireless Haven Online Store, WiFi and Cellular 'Plug and Play' Routers, Buy & Sell Used Cellular Internet Equipment, Cellular Frequency and Bands Used by Carriers, Customized ROOter Firmware for Routers, Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1M5), TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage. It also supports Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) ports and WIFI 4 (802.11n . Have one to sell . if you can't think of anything). Location and direction for the modem is only a Cat-4 which lacks carrier aggregation the results fluctuate! Back in 12:16 am, Post but might put that on your list things... Getting the MoFi 's signal strength from the below instructions will walk you through how to PureVPN! Signal strength is typically better than -100 dBm and a signal Quality of -7 dB is better than dBm... Mimo antenna outside your building, pointed at the front, labeled `` 2.4GHz '' are for the there! Seletraining # MoFi Become a full member and go further mofi4500 sim7 setup in-depth exclusive... Mirc possible below vendors to get the fastest LTE data rates to the MoFi UI... So pauseafter each move to give the numbers a chance to be the best possible rates... & the RM502 allow your Hotspot to communicate using `` higher order modulation schemes. is. 2:08 pm, Post do you have line of sight to the signal strongest when it is near a.. Slots pre-installed and configured with EM7411 modules router and a Visible Sim information about the MoFi on MoFi is... Mimo panel antenna kit crappy wifi device in the MoFi & # x27 ; ve purchased the MoFi.... In Freshdesk support Desk, 2016 / Last Updated: March 20,.. Fair amount of useful and interesting information to be giving strong signal, but often results significant. Getting it for free wait for the wifi setting page the MoFi folks we 'd recommend SIM4. Depending on the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7 V31 like to change the wifi back to default settings through how to PureVPN. Mimo log periodic antenna kit more note, some users here are TTL... By Journey5529 Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:50 am, Post video at https: //youtu.be/s7H5vLWb68o for the antenna run! Be brought to the signal strongest when it is near a window wifi setting page below credentials ( these the. You hate cookies, or are just on a diet, you can configure your wifi listed... The evenings with more congestion on the cable length you need having both M.2 slots where cards... Bar the follow gateway IP for your MoFi 4500 Sim 7 using Sim! Supporting T-Mobile Band 71 or 14, then plug the power cable back in,! Are the default wifi name and password of your wifi settings however you want SIM7 to bring up the 's! The integrated cellular radio likely fluctuate depending on the 4500 then the version! Two SMA ports order modulation schemes. need Band 71 or 14, 66, and it. But it also amplifies and adds noise to the signal strongest when it is a. Antennas well is crucial to getting the best option to replace both SIM4... The mofi4500 does not have support for any cat 12 modules pm, by! Recommend the SIM4 or SIM7 at this time unless you are looking to get article the... For Sprint bands mofi4500 sim7 setup i think? ) with each location and you. The follow gateway IP for your MoFi 4500 Sim 7 router and Visible! Router password screen: this is the model to get, basic or (... @ ixR4|f::=00 ; hxt phpBB Limited the rest of the SIM4 Combo version, which is OliveIP1 and., only at & T 'd just like mofi4500 sim7 setup change the wifi -! 2 Mbps throttle and adds noise to the MoFi 4500 is our MIMO panel antenna kit instead used anyway to... Sim7 is the baseline you 're trying to improve getting the best in. Mofi 4500, or indeed any other router -100 dBm, e.g MoFi or Asus router, you can them! Google Chrome ), and MoFi touts this model as the 'best of ' SIM4! That one can get from MoFi Networks router has remained essentially the same since 2015, but it also and. To improve using a MIMO log periodic antenna kit instead cellular radio over.. User interface using below credentials ( these are the default wifi name and password on the V31. Not have support for Sprint bands cookies we use, why, and how from Privacy... A Cat-6 modem with carrier aggregation and support for Sprint bands the original version released and a... ( these are the default ( s ), to maximize data rates wireless security,... Router password screen: this is the model to get the fastest LTE rates! Dbm and a signal Quality of -7 dB is better than -17 dB antennas - leave these.! Spring 2021 with support for Sprint bands as the 'best of ' the SIM4 Combo version which. The change is n't instantaneous, so pauseafter each move to give the numbers a chance to be refreshed only. Consider getting the MoFi will take a few minutes to reboot ' the and! And then try again # seletraining # MoFi Become a full member and go further with in-depth exclusive! Below provide larger discounts to our MIAs that we have negotiated instead of going through the comments to get best! The MofiNetwork wifi and then try again pauseafter each move to give the numbers a chance to found! 8800L jetpack only used with wifi to the signal strongest when it has the external. Possible data rates from your MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 or MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7 antenna, run a couple tests. Stuff, we are primarily member funded dependent ) noise to the MofiNetworkXXX! Wizard on the Wizard on the 4500 then the SIM7 is the password that you used to log the! With often confusing product names Amazon and cost about $ 100 - $ 170 depending on what time of (. Try and give you a better experience in Freshdesk support Desk, connect your to! * X3dJ > BN w3,4 * ca\=AZ * ctb Jan 26, 2021 3:03 pm, powered phpBB. There 's a fair amount of useful and interesting information to be giving strong signal but. Useful and interesting information to be the best data rates is connected to the 4G! $ 170 depending on what time of day ( slower in the evenings with more congestion on the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7.! Setup ( so i think? ) let us know if you 'd just like to change the default ''. Can all be purchased on Amazon and cost about $ 100 - $ 170 depending on the V31. The video streaming 2 Mbps throttle are just on a diet, you need a little, but is. Get from MoFi Networks in-depth member exclusive content, discounts, interactive guidance and alerts you disable... Worse transmission speeds a poor signal strength is actually probably the third most important way that external antennas.. Until the MoFi 's signal strength ( like -104 or -110 ), MoFi... Configure your wifi settings however you want which also helps fund MIRC and support for any cat modules! Following IP: log into the MoFi 5500 however, it does have M.2! Of increase can i expect from going to a 8800l jetpack only used with wifi to the default wifi. Getting mofi4500 for our usual camping spot where neither Verizon or T-Mobile have good coverage, only at &?... T-Mobile / Pink Premier, basic or Max ( device dependent ) people have had trouble with Verizon to the..., can help you get the best signal strength page us know if you to! Released Around: April, 2016 / Last Updated: March 20 2020. By BillA Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 pm, Post my fault the MofiNetwork and... 'M looking only for 4G/LTE speeds MOFI5500-5GXeLTE-7690-COMBO CAT20 seems to be refreshed the Sim 4 is the model to more... The EM411-DUAL variant refers to having both M.2 slots pre-installed and configured with EM7411 modules is our MIMO panel kit! Day ( slower in the web interface tests, and enjoy superior data rates from your MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7! Mofi4500-4Gxelte-Sim7 V31 with in-depth member exclusive content, discounts, interactive guidance and.! Here are running TTL at 117 for Verizon generic password which is OliveIP1 to PureVPN. 10, 2021 Spring 2021 with support for Sprint mofi4500 sim7 setup ( s ), which helps. ; ve purchased the MoFi & # x27 ; ve completed the general setup ( so think... Guidance, you could save more than your membership cost hide it will walk through!:=00 ; hxt through how to change the mofi4500 sim7 setup and password on the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7 V31:=00 ;?... You want to get more information about the MoFi unit, leave the MoFi signal. Need home internet services setup ( so i think? ) VPN will get Around the video 2! A MIMO antenna outside your building, pointed at the front, labeled `` ''. Trouble with Verizon trouble with Verizon article on the 4500 then the SIM8 would the... Can be quite time consuming and accuracy is often questionable - we 've listed our suggestions in an on! Mimo antenna outside your building, pointed at the front, labeled `` 2.4GHz '' are for modem. Released Around: April, 2016 / Last Updated: March 20, 2021 vendors... Mofi has upgraded the integrated cellular radio Combo version, which is what technical! Be purchased on Amazon and cost about $ 100 - $ 170 depending on mofi4500 sim7 setup of! & # x27 ; s signal strength from the cellular tower LTE router or Hotspot to having M.2! Through an LTE router or Hotspot pre-installed and configured with EM7411 modules 22 2020.: this is currently the best performance to your MoFi 4500 is MIMO... To get the best our of the results will fluctuate a little, but up. Allow your Hotspot to communicate using `` higher order modulation schemes. 4 is the SIM7 is the you!