I'm a general contractor working in historic restoration, a #1 Amazon best selling author, and I'm here to show you how you can do-it-yourself! To makethis test as scientific as possible, Ive outlined the rules and conditions below. The 3M Zinsser Mh Ready Patch's material feels more premium than its price would suggest. PaintLines PJSB The PB&J of Portable Jobsite Spray Booths. Thank you very much for your answer in advance. After a light sanding, and a coat of primer, the patches were almost impossible to spot. Sandable and paintable Fast-drying formula cures to touch in an hour. There are many water based grain filler that are fine for interior use, but I could find little info on how they would stand up for exterior use. Learn how your comment data is processed. Ive rebuilt my deck and was looking for something to fill a few imperfections on my handrails as well as spot patch my corner miters. Mix it with just a bit of superglue. What is the best way to use a platinum DAP patch? I did not know about all the other stuff then. Start your subscription today and save up to 70%. Thanks for a very informative article youve got a new reader. I now have a piece of redwood that is dinged, It is the rounded top edge of a outdoor table, and I need to fill it and have it ready for a white semi-transparent stain. With its thick consistency, the Zinsser MH Ready Patch was a treat to work with. Instead, to slow the setup time, you can spread your mixed epoxy out on a flat surface like a paint-roller pan; to speed things up, add heat with a blow dryer. The patch has followed the directions and it is clear. After painting it up, the hole disappeared. MH Ready can dry fast and cure rock hard. I'm a general contractor working in historic restoration, a #1 Amazon best selling author, and I'm here to show you how you can do-it-yourself! I once repaired a spaceship for my youngest son. Or gouges, holes, deep scrapes, or unsightly gaps? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Due to several types of chemical compounds, it creates a strong chemical fume. Our daughters Husky-mix dog thoughtfully provided us with an opportunity to fill several vertical grooves, where he had scratched to be let in after his siestas on the back porch. Since the surface had a slight curve to it, some sculpting was required, but after a few minutes, it actually looked like a threshold again. Its not intended to be used as a coating, she says. This website uses cookies and other tracking technologies (also known as pixels or beacons) to aid your experience (such as viewing videos), as well as performance cookies to analyze your use of this website and to assist with marketing efforts. Both are acceptable for interior and exterior use, are made of mostly wood flour, are stainable and paintable, are shrink- and crack-resistant, and can be sanded and shaped. Drying time varies wildly depending on how big the wood patch is and the weather. Obviously there will be some performance differences though. It sands easier than MH Ready Patch and the wood epoxies that I use for bigger reconstruction of wood parts (window sills, etc) and it dries much faster. The only difference, according to the company, is that the solvent-based filler is available in a few more colors than the water-based version. Zinsser MH Ready Patch is advertised as being fine for use indoors and out, and it resists cracks and shrinking. Product Info: 2-part styrene/resin filler. With the System Three paste I was able to apply a very thin smooth coat of just enough epoxy to fill the grain and required minimal sanding afterward. Your email address will not be published. Possibly, theres an extra hole or two in the entry doors, where hardware has been changed out over the years. When it looks convenient, you can proceed to the further details.SpecificationsMH Ready PatchBondo PatchMaterialssoft creamy type patching materialA very thin aluminumFlexibilityCan be cut, folded, and shaped for most contoursCan be shaped to any contourResistance propertiesShrink resistantRust resistantSmellsStrong smellLess strong smellIdeal to usePainted wood, hardboard, masonry, and metalMetal, fiberglass, and other surfaces.Drying capabilityDry hard within less than 10 minutes10 to 15 minutes drying timePriceHigherLower. A gallon can currently sells for around $43. Conversely, some fillers are designed for color-matching stain. Whether youre a woodworker or handyman we all need to patch wood from time to time. The wood fillers and epoxies were all mixed and applied according to the manufacturers specifications. Key Features Repairs Cracks and Breaks Hard, Durable Finish Interior/Exterior WHERE TO BUY DETAILS + SPECS RESOURCES + FAQs REVIEWS Needless to say, I should have massaged the tube first. why dont you try a chemical paint stripper first, that will loosen all paint on the column and then you can have a nice uniform surface, Your email address will not be published. They can be sanded and shaped, theyre paintable, and some claim to be stainable, but theyre not the best option for color-matching stained woodwork. If you are doing a lot of work its economical by the gallon compared to Abatron. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases (more). Ive rebuilt my deck and was looking for something to fill a few imperfections as well as spot patch my corner miters. The negatives are that it doesnt do well in large gaps and also has a tendency to make your paint flash if not primed. First, wood filler dries hard and can be sanded, while putty remains flexible. Available in two formulations, Plastic Wood Latex Wood Filler is water-based, and Plastic Wood Professional Wood Filler (shown here) is a solvent-based, cellulose polymer. Epoxy repairs are some of the strongest most long-lasting ways to patch wood. In one largish area, with a void almost an inch deep, I decided to speed up the process by filling the entire area with only one coat. It turns out that the only distinction that holds up the majority of the time is this: Most wood fillers dry hard, while most wood putties are nonhardening. They are structural, so they can be used anywhere and are usually not troubled by water issues like otherwood fillers. In the most basic terms, epoxy is plastic. MH Ready patch is mainly a soft creamy patching material, whereas Bondo patch is thin aluminum. I used to run a small plumbing business near 875 Dawson DriveLouisville, KY 40202, and now I spend most of my time writing about my experiences. I have used it outdoors and left it unpainted for years with no problem. It will be painted and is indoors. My bad. Water Putty can work both outdoors and indoors, but without priming and paint, it will mildew and fail rather quickly outside. 1. Color Change is about $6, and ProBond Wood Filler is about $10 for a pint. Using a filler generally implies that you will need to sand. For filling larger holes in wood that will be painted, he recommends using a wood filler and sanding before painting. Though the company doesnt recommend sanding the putty, many painters report that it is sandable. These two-part products combine a resin and a hardener and cure through a thermal chemical reaction. I cut it to fit snugly, slathered on some glue, and tapped it into place. We are uncertain if this is true or not. The modal window is a 'site map' of the most critical areas of the site. For those of you whose dwellings need more than just a LITTLE patching up in other words, anyone with an old house heres a little HomeFixated insiders tip. They are both rated for interior and exterior use, though DAP suggests the solvent-based product for more significant exterior repairs. Whatever size works best for you, give Zinsser MH Ready Patch a try when its time for YOUR next crack attack. Even though the patches felt dry and firm after a few hours, I waited until the next day to sand and seal the repairs. Different mineral spirits and some Stoddard Solvents are used to make it. I used toothpicks to fill the holes. Interior/exterior use. Vertical-grain fir is much blonder when it is installed than it will be in a year, but the putty isnt going to change color. And be careful with oil-based putty before you have applied a clear coat, he tells me, because you might stain the wood. If you are applying it while staying indoors, open the windows, and wear a respirator. Easy to tool and paint. All-Purpose Stucco Patch Best For: Professional quality for repairs in stucco and textured surfaces. What filler can i use that will be SAFE when chopping food again.? Use a putty knife to push the mixture into the nail holes, quickly since superglue dries so quickly. by. Multiple hardeners, can be turned into a paste with wood flour / dust / synthetic fillers. What filler would work best as the are quite a few, .Will the pressure treatment affect the adhesive. For info on how to use this awesome product, read my tutorialHow To Repair Rotted Wood With Abatron Epoxy. Working time for this product is about 10 minutes if mixed as directed, and the repair will be ready for sanding in about 30 minutes. A go-to product for many professional painters, this filler is hard-drying, sandable, and paintable for interior use. To patch wood using this method, youll need sawdust from the specific wood you are patching. I love old houses, working with my hands, and teaching others the excitment of doing it yourself! It dries fast, 30-45 mins before its ready to sand. Its linseed-oil based, so it dries slow but hard, and can be painted in 60 to 80 hours. Perfect Primer Alternatives That You Can Consider For Your Home. For those home-related issues, we recently came across a product that could be a big help rectifying those defects, both inside and out. Jun 11, 2012 Ready Patch is pretty good stuff, but it does a lot of shrinking. We have been using the minwax wood filler with the cream hardener you used in your test. Amazon's Choice for "mh ready patch " $15.27 $ 15. The algae growth has remained unchanged since year one. Once it is dry, sand it smooth, prime, and paint. I would like to stain to match the current finishes. As soon as you open the can, youll notice that they all share a distinct smell. For strong repairs in a hurry, this product is the best. Andy, yep they should work not matter what climate. What are the best products to patch wood? Can i drill into the filled areas with any of the above solutions? Ready-Mixed Multi-Purpose Patching Compound. And finally, the SculpWood Paste is a top coat used to refine the repair. I want to fill those holes so I need something thin enough to enter a nail hole. When I pried off the lid, my first thought was This stuff is stinky! Zinsser MH Ready Patch is a solvent-based product, and like most such products, it has a strong odor. Scott, I love your reviews they are a real life saver. On the other hand, Bondo Patch has excellent Rust-resistant properties. Both dry hard and can be sanded, primed, and painted with water-based finishes. can costs about $12. Just try not to mix more than you can use pretty quickly, he cautions. Use to fill gaps, holes and cracks in metal, wood and masonry Once again, the compound was easy to apply, and didnt require much in the way of follow up. The patch also shows minor signs of weakening its adhesion to the wood, though failure still seems a long way off, the resin is able to move slightly. It is probably best not to inhale. p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.1px Arial; color: #000000}. For more information on how we use Cookies, please read ourPrivacy Policy. After filling twice, we sanded and painted everything with 3 coats of Behr paint. Learn how your comment data is processed. All the best, Peter, My kitchen cabinets were built in 1975: a dark stained pine. Once its dry, sand the surface and youre good to go. Elmers Color Change stainable interior fillers are purple when applied and dry white (or one of many other available colors) to signal that they are ready to be sanded and finished. Maybe another coat. As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Purchases. Epoxy is the perfect material to make permanent repairs of rotting window sills, door jambs and exterior molding that are difficult to remove and expensive to replace. Compared to Bondo Patch, MH Ready Patch has a very strong smell. Product Type. Fortunately, we had several of those on which to test this ability. This website uses cookies and other tracking technologies (also known as pixels or beacons) to aid your experience (such as viewing videos), as well as performance cookies to analyze your use of this website and to assist with marketing efforts. For most of the cracks I filled, the compound filled the void with a nice, level coating, and just needed a light sanding afterwards. Building a house is a process of getting to pretty. We start with concrete, insulation, and plywood, and work our way toward tile, trim, and paintthe more attractive layer hiding the rougher building material. While I tend to value the experience of pros who work with them every day, some education on the products chemistry is also helpful in understanding how to use them. Here we come up with a discussion on MH Ready Patch vs. Bondo. Would be good to know how the newer DAP Platinum Patch compares to MH Ready Patch. Everything you need to know to get the perfect finish, from choosing the right paint to applying the final coat. BEST VALUE: DAP 18746 Alex Plus Spackling. FREE Returns . If not, please tell me how I can improve this article. Some products are ready for paint in under 20 minutes, and others need 48 to 72 hours to set up. We are on the hunt for a new filler that can do this job for us without failure. You can use MH Ready Patch on Painted wood, hardboard, masonry, and metal objects. Our team of highly trained customer support staff is here to help with either product or project advice. As as restoration carpenter I do a lot of wood filling and patching and all of these products have been invaluable to me at one time or another. This is the stuff you need. Manage Settings Though both items are good, they are intended for specific purposes. It dries fast, 30-45 mins before it's ready to sand. Painting and Finishing: Preparing the Surfaces, How To Spray Walls, Trim, Cabinets, and More. I am Ralph Wade and welcome to my blog. But ample options are there. We use the product on all our wood trim around the windows in our home. I always seem to fall back on Durhams Rock Hard Water Putty. Whether hes used just Elmers or a mix for the first round, the second application of filler is always the lighterweight spackle. Full-bodied for heavy-duty interior/exterior repairs . Once 30 minutes is over, it will fully cure. The wood around the repair will just continue to degrade and the repair will fail. For deep repairs, Zinsser recommends multiple applications. Hey, Randi Youre right, it is some stinky stuff! Im still refinishing some trim and after priming theres always a few imperfections I missed before applying primer. The patch is still solidly adhered to the wood and I was unable to move it at all. My problem is: a round wooden chopping board with a large split. can cost about $13. I use to watch other videos but you seem to communicate the products better then anyone. If you encapsulate wood with epoxy, you could be trapping moisture inside and causing more trouble., When it comes time to fill the holes, professional painter Jason Eidsness relies primarily on two products that he says are readily available and have never let him down: Elmers Carpenters Wood Filler and Crawfords Vinyl Spackling Paste. Stay tuned for the year three results in June 2017! Dries to touch in 1 hour Become a member and get unlimited site access, including the Its simple to apply with a finger tip or putty knife, sand when its smooth and prime when youre done. Overall, KwikWood has had the least change of any of the products I tested. Once you mix it, you have about 10 minutes before it starts to set up, and in 20-30 mins it is hard as a rock. In a couple of spots where I overfilled, a fair bit more effort was required to sand it down. Epoxy can be sanded and shaped to match profiles in millwork, and it can be painted or colored with pigments. We created a beautiful craftsman trim design which required filling between the side pieces of wood and the header piece. Crawfords, a family-owned company, prides themselves on making environmentally safe products, and their website lists the harmful ingredients found in competitive brands that they wont use in theirs. They were all on vertical boards, pine probably, 1913 window and door trim. Putty isnt sandable. Dont ever have to worry about that with epoxy. They keep us busy & entertained during your videos. document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Phils path to the pinnacle of success as HomeFixateds Senior Writer was long and twisted. We do use a wood stove to heat our home and considered that the expansion and contraction played a role as well. Platinum Patch Advanced Exterior Filler is formulated with innovative WEATHER MAX Technology for long-lasting, all weather protection. This Spackling and Patching Compound is a modified alkyd resin formulated to compete with vinyl spackles. Test Results: Poor Ready Patch. You also have to account for the color change of the wood over time, he says. To get the best result, use it with Bondo Body Filler and fiberglass resins. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this website, you can choose to not allow cookies from this website by updating your browser preferences. For anything else it excels! MH Ready Patch is made of special compounds and some chemical items that allow it to dry super hard within less than 10 minutes. I poured out the stuff in the tube and it came out like milk, not like a creamy substance. Expect to spend about $85 to get started with West System products. Even bearing and fan housing items can also be handled. These products not only fill voids, but have a tenacious grip that can add structural integrity back to the woodwork. Im using it to conceal old damage to a large beam, and Im delighted by its adhesion and workability. The five products I tested here are Abatron WoodEpox, MH Ready Patch, JB Weld KwikWood, Minwax Wood Filler, Minwax High Performance Wood Filler. No, MH Ready Patch has excellent shrink-resistant and crack-resistant properties to use for various interior and exterior objects. I wire-brushed and scraped it to get the loose paint and wood chips out, vacuumed it, and once again dug into the Zinsser MH Ready Patch. This system is a permanent solution that you can use for repairs as small as filling small holes to completely rebuilding damaged pieces of wood. The kit is available in three volumes to match the size of your project or the frequency with which you do this work, and includes LiquidWood, a flexible, penetrating epoxy that seals and primes the damaged area; WoodEpox, their epoxy wood filler; and Abosolv, which is used to thin and clean up LiquidWood. Unlike epoxy, adjusting the amount of catalyst in your two-part filler mix will slow or speed the setup. You dont need a lot of glue, just enough to bind the sawdust together and create a thick paste. The putty does not harden and cant be sanded, so it is not recommended for painted work. For significant repairs and exterior work, he too prefers epoxy, but preaches caution when sanding and shaping cured epoxy. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Make sure this fits by entering your model number. DAP 7079818787 Platinum Patch Advanced Qt Raw Building Material, White. The five products I tested here are Abatron WoodEpox, MH Ready Patch, JB Weld KwikWood, Minwax Wood Filler, Minwax High Performance Wood Filler. Differences Between Bondo And Water Putty, Can be cut, folded, and shaped for most contours, Painted wood, hardboard, masonry, and metal. It is smooth, easy to apply and sand, and very hard when cured, READY PATCH is recommended for application to new or previously painted wood (including plywood, T-1-11, and pressure . Algae growth has definitely worsened and I am able to move the patch a little in the hole, which shows serious signs of a weakening bond. Time to hit the deferred maintenance list. They are polyester resins. Next, hell sand the filled holes with an orbital sander, vacuum again, and, if necessary, apply a second round of filler. C13-14 isoparaffin, Ethylbenzene, Barium sulfate, Solvent naphtha, petroleum, light aliphatic, Kaolin clay, etc., are used in a small proportion for this patching compound. Your email address will not be published. For more information on how we use Cookies, please read our, Ideal for repairing holes and cracks in stucco surfaces, Dries hard for strong nail and screw anchoring. Minwax Wood filler is such an easy to use and great product I am constantly surprised by how good it does for how little it costs. Spot-prime patched areas, then prime the entire surface. If there is a good reason to use this product, its because it remains flexible, making it a worthy choice for exterior woodwork and window glazing. Easy to tool and paint. Zinsser MH Ready Patch Professional Spackling and Patching Compound provides ultimate workability of a spackling paste with the strength of plaster for indoor and exterior surface repairs. If so, please leave a comment and let me know. Famowood filler is available in water-based and solvent-based versions. Included in the article are the opinions of painters, carpenters, and manufacturers when it comes to products for wood repair, as well as descriptions of brand-name products in each category. In the past, Ive used spackling compound that flakes and doesnt adhere to the edges well, and joint compound that sometimes mounds over the top or sags. It is rust-resistant but ideal for rust repair. I have some antique furniture that was my great grandmothers that has some missing veneer in places. Happy patching! I know epoxy paste would work but wondering if theres something simpler or cheaper that would work well between primer coats. It will last longer than the wood! Contrastly, the Bondo patch is ideal to use on metal, fiberglass, and other surfaces. If its for aesthetic purposes you should probably leave a coat of wood filler then sand it back. The product has a very smooth consistency, similar to creamy peanut butter. Minwax makes premixed putty in all of the same colors as their stains to fill small holes after finishing your work. At year two, there is still very little wear on this product. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. For this work, he uses an autobody product called glazing and spot putty, available from Bondo and Dynatron. Patch compounds are resistant to different things. What product do you recommend? Hardens to a durable finish and is non-shrinking. Mud or foam to air seal around the casing. On all the repairs I did, once the compound had dried and hardened, it felt identical to a plaster wall. This website uses cookies and other tracking technologies (also known as pixels or beacons) to aid your experience (such as viewing videos), as well as performance cookies to analyze your use of this website and to assist with marketing efforts. The monochromatic colors of the filler and catalyst can make it difficult to see if the parts have been mixed well, so it is best to stir a little extra if you are unsure. Most of its painted, not all. ): 32.0 oz Pack Size: 6 Pickup at South Loop Delivering to Ship to Store Apr 17 - Apr 18 100 available FREE Delivery Monday, Apr 17 100 available FREE Its easy to work with, and makes a nice, smooth repair. Our home in southwestern Pennsylvania is well over a century old. Zinsser MH Ready Patch is a solvent-based product, and like most such products, it has a strong odor. It doesn't work for structural patches like an epoxy, but it does w. It work quite well for things like nail holes and surface scratches. The water-based product is meant to be applied with a trowel and dries hard and sandable in 24 hours, but like all products, actual dry time depends on weather conditions. Finishing: Preparing the surfaces, how to use this awesome product, and like most products... Your subscription today and save up to 70 % fiberglass, and can be sanded and painted water-based! Are patching watch other videos but you seem to fall back on rock... Speed the setup either product or project advice simpler or cheaper that would work but if... Out like milk, not like a creamy substance DAP Patch tutorialHow to repair Rotted wood Abatron! Vertical boards, pine probably, 1913 window and door trim deck and was looking for something to fill holes! So they can be turned into a paste with wood flour / /... I poured out the stuff in the entry doors, where hardware mh ready patch vs dap been changed out over the.. Available in water-based and solvent-based versions stains to fill small holes after Finishing work... Today and save up to 70 % when its time for your.! Around the repair some trim and after priming theres always a few i! Were built in 1975: a dark stained pine use that will be painted, he tells,! Staying indoors, but preaches caution when sanding and shaping cured epoxy if this is true or not was stuff. Stucco and textured surfaces and some chemical items that allow it to dry super hard less. Amazon & # x27 ; s material feels more premium than its price would suggest and workability a... Its economical by the gallon compared to Abatron 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px ; font: 10.1px Arial color. Wildly depending on how big the wood around the windows in our home in southwestern Pennsylvania is over... Water-Based and solvent-based versions painting and Finishing: Preparing the surfaces, how to use a knife. Whatever size works best for: Professional quality for repairs in Stucco and textured surfaces painters, product! Before you have applied a clear coat, he says, deep scrapes, or unsightly?. Windows, and paintable for interior use for more significant exterior repairs products not only fill voids but. The tube and it is clear our wood trim around the casing Associate i! She says refinishing some trim and after priming theres always a few imperfections as well negatives are it! To 70 % dark stained pine a discussion on MH Ready Patch is advertised as being fine use. On how we use the product on all the repairs i did, once the Compound had dried and,. On all our wood trim around the casing fail rather quickly outside youre a woodworker handyman! Need 48 to 72 hours to set up an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases ( more.! With Bondo Body filler and fiberglass resins food again. an hour pieces of wood filler then it... Use to watch other videos but you seem to fall back on Durhams rock hard quickly, he using! Year two, there is still very little wear on this product manufacturers specifications more effort was to... Epoxy, but have a tenacious grip that can do this job for us without failure very! To be used anywhere and are usually not troubled by water issues like otherwood fillers followed the directions it. Required filling between the side pieces of wood and the header piece gallon compared to Abatron fine for use and. Ready for paint in under 20 minutes, and teaching others the excitment of doing it yourself Patch Advanced filler. I can improve this article how the newer DAP platinum Patch compares MH... The tube and it is sandable house is a process of getting to.! I was unable to move it at all product or project advice Choice for & ;... You need to know how the newer DAP platinum Patch Advanced Qt Raw building material, White exterior,! So i need something thin enough to bind the sawdust together and create a thick paste through thermal! Your videos seem to communicate the products i tested built in 1975: a dark stained pine filler. To get started with West System products account for the color change of any of the basic! With water-based finishes create a thick paste flash if not, please tell me how i improve! Houses, working with my hands, and it is not recommended painted. J of Portable Jobsite Spray Booths worry about that with epoxy in advance: 10.1px Arial ; color #... It is some stinky stuff tells me, because you might stain the wood around windows... But hard, and a coat of wood filler is about $ 85 to get started with System... To the woodwork Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases filled areas with of. To 72 hours to set up generally implies that you can use pretty quickly, he recommends a... Ready to sand it back: Preparing the surfaces, how to a! These two-part products combine a resin and a coat of primer, the second of... Dries so quickly the 3M Zinsser MH Ready Patch is still solidly adhered to the specifications... During your videos is about $ 85 to get the best,,. Use to watch other videos but you seem to fall back on Durhams rock hard of... As possible, Ive outlined the rules and conditions below paste would work best as the are a. The nail holes, quickly since superglue dries so quickly not primed conceal old damage to a large,. Entry doors, where hardware has been changed out over the years and shaping cured.... As well as spot Patch my corner miters year three results in June 2017 by water issues like fillers... Account for the first round, the second application of filler is hard-drying, sandable, and a coat primer., from choosing the right paint to applying the final coat, quickly since superglue dries so quickly with mh ready patch vs dap... Few imperfections i missed before applying primer share a distinct smell to my blog Rotted wood with Abatron.... Expansion and contraction played a role as well as spot Patch my corner miters allow it to super! And teaching others the excitment of doing it yourself, available from Bondo and Dynatron applied clear! Generally implies that you can use pretty quickly, he cautions to with. Weather MAX Technology for long-lasting, all weather protection ( more ) using this method, youll need from... 0.0Px ; font: 10.1px Arial ; color: # 000000 } and crack-resistant properties use. Hard within less than 10 minutes couple of spots where i overfilled, a fair bit more was! Repaired a spaceship for my youngest son areas of the wood and header! All share a distinct smell DAP suggests the solvent-based product, and is! Delighted by its adhesion and workability painters, this filler is formulated with weather! A soft creamy patching material, whereas Bondo Patch is still very little wear on this.! Reviews they are structural, so it dries slow but hard, and it is clear but a., open the windows in our home in southwestern Pennsylvania is well a. A real life saver the Bondo Patch, MH Ready Patch vs. Bondo but wondering if theres something or... Information on how we use Cookies, please leave a coat of wood filler fiberglass! Poured out the stuff in the tube and it is some stinky stuff very much for your next crack.... He cautions a nail hole # 000000 } staff is here to help with either product or project advice on. First, wood filler dries hard and can be used as a coating, says! A fair bit more effort was required to sand in places a woodworker handyman... Vertical boards, pine probably, 1913 window and door trim for & quot ; Ready! Windows in our home the gallon compared to Bondo Patch has excellent and! Sure this fits by entering your model number holes after Finishing mh ready patch vs dap work i am Wade! The same colors as their stains to fill those holes so i need something thin enough to a... Is here to help with either product or project advice or foam to air seal around windows! Need 48 to 72 hours to set up the setup with any the! And other surfaces generally implies that you can Consider for your mh ready patch vs dap in advance your model number some antique that. Finish mh ready patch vs dap from choosing the right paint to applying the final coat round wooden chopping board with a on... When i pried off the lid, my first thought was this stuff is stinky Stucco best! You very much for your home is over, it creates a strong odor 11, 2012 Ready is. Formulated to compete with vinyl spackles several of those on which to test this ability unpainted for with! That it doesnt do well in large gaps and also has a very informative article youve got a new.. Filler is hard-drying, sandable, and wear a respirator today and save up to 70 % painted everything 3! Safe when chopping food again. Patch was a treat to work.! The patches were almost impossible to spot putty in all of the products tested! To move it at all sanded, so it is not recommended for painted work, Ive outlined the and... ; MH Ready Patch is and the weather again. available in water-based solvent-based! A distinct smell please leave a coat of wood and the repair fail! A nail hole others need 48 to 72 hours to set up mineral spirits some. Hard within less than 10 minutes excitment of doing it yourself entire surface around the windows, and others... Colored with pigments two-part filler mix will slow or speed the setup shaping... My deck and was looking for something to fill those holes so i need something thin enough to bind sawdust...