This is not an aerosol formula and feels exactly like some sort of whipped dessert, albeit a little thicker. Keep reading to see which brands razor and shaving cream I liked more. #AD A @sisterschuberts bite that is! However, others said the product is more wasteful than others. But not all is great when it comes down to Flamingo as well. SUPER close shave. Lets kick things off with Athena Club. I have used #minted every year because they always have gorgeous designs, impeccable quality and offer FREE recipient address printing. Lets talk extras: I use shaving cream every time I shave so this is really important to me. I'm a modern mom of two, who strives to encourage women throughout marriage and motherhood. Neither brand uses sulfates, parabens, formaldehydes, or GMOs. But that's about where the pros end for me. It doesnt feel as high-quality as Athena, which makes me think Ill need to replace it sooner. Ad Choices. Flamingo has a similar handle design, although it isnt the same material and feel. Then, youll choose how many blades you want delivered: You can add on other items to your plan for auto-delivery like Cloud Shave Foam, Creamy Body Wash or Soft Face Wipes for the ultimate self-care routine. In any case, all three razors make a strong statement about why they deserve the title. This gave me a much better shave than Athena. Both have the same shape, and interestingly enough, both have the same grip rubber on them. But, if you are interested in trying Athena Club, you can use promo code CLARKE to get the razor kit for $5 + Free Shipping. Im not much of a lavender fan, either. But each are fundamentally different, and when choosing between them, it is very challenging. The Billie razor is super lightweight, fits great in your hand, and has enough grip that you won't drop it at an inopportune time. As great as it is, it might not be the best choice for someone who wants an easy, everyday razor. Which is often in a hurry, not in their showers, in hard to reach spots, in weird positions, and not just their legs. Great razor- smooth, close shave, NO NICKS OR CUTS. It all comes down to what is best, and what works for you most of all. All your self-care essentials, all in one spot. Best razor Ive ever used plus the added convenience of being delivered straight to my door. Note: The prices above reflect the retailers' listed price at the time of publication. Gillette Venus ComfortGlide White Tea Mini ($14.70; amazon.com). We really like the Billie shave club. That made it incredibly easy to shave in different directions on both underarms and legs, and it minimized the amount of twisting and contortion usually required to shave every last spot. Then I bought my second Athena razor for my gym bag. With this subscription offering, we were huge fans of the slightly thicker handle and compact, rounded cartridge, which made it an easy fit for small areas like underarms. We've designed, tested, and retested our razor for how people actually shave. Same as Billies razors, the handle is magnetic, and therefore not that great. Just log in to your account and you can easily modify, skip, pause, or cancel your subscription any time. Plus, the built-in Lubrastrip protects skin from any unwanted irritation. The Athena Club Cloud Shave Foam is exactly that It felt like a cloud of foam and a little bit went a long way. I want to know your #BiteSizedWin for today! The kit is a bit more expensive, but does have moisturizing lotion and a shave gel, both of which are missing for Billie and Athena Club starter kits. We found this to be a bit too large for underarms, so it was most useful for shaving large areas, like the legs. There are some notable upsides and seemingly unbelievable downsides to this razor: Frankly, there are some things that Flamingo does great, but on the other hand, the head will sometimes fall off, or the moisture strip. By comparison, Athena Club offers a wider variety of products. Bottom line: Both razors are great! Their products are so much better than the random name brands I'd been using for years! Best Online Personal Stylist Subscriptions, Best Plus Size Clothing Subscription Boxes, Best Vitamin and Supplement Subscriptions, Our reviewers research, test, and recommend the best subscriptions and products independently; click to learn more about our, Athena Club vs Dollar Shave Club: The Top Brands Go Toe-to-Toe. Managing your subscription is easy. Customers said the razor glided on their skin, giving them a smooth shave, and they felt the process went quicker than usual. These kits are similar in price with Billie costing $10 and Athena Club charging $9 for the shaving kit. When you sign up for Athena Club or Billie, you will first get a kit that includes the razor, two five-blade cartridges, and a magnetic hook for your shower. I have extremely dense, thick black body hair, similar to the density of a mans beard. In the last few years, weve been spoiled with high-quality razors, creams, and oils that are turning shaving into a luxurious experience. I ended up shaving the right side of my body (arm pit and leg) using the Billie and the left side using the Athena to see if I could spot any differences in the shave and grow out. But it may be worth learning: It delivered the closest shave weve ever seen, even taking down one stubborn hair that was about to turn into an ingrown situation. Alleyoops razor includes two razor cartridges, a mini spray bottle, and a shea-butter-infused moisturizing barhence the all-in-one descriptionwhich makes for the perfect all-over shave that protects the skin while delivering results. I find this razor tugs more at my skin vs Billie razors (more on that later) but the shave is good. Depending on the plan you chose, you will also get more cartridges sent to you within a time range of your choosing. The Athena razor is definitely more weighted, but in a good way because it feels durable and sturdy. At the end of the day, when comparing Billie vs Athena Club razor, both of these companies are amazing and in my opinion offer great products that I would be extremely happy with. Or perhaps an exfoliating body wash is more your speed, like this option by Kosas that uses fruit enzymes and glycolic, lactic, and mandelic acids to gently brighten and exfoliate. It all begins with pre-shave prep! How Athena Club Razor Kit Compares to Other Top Razor Subscriptions Athena Club VS Billie: Both brands offer starter kits with a handle, two five-blade cartridges, and a magnetic holder. //]]>. This is not to say Billie's razor is bad, but I tend to associate the weight of the product with its quality and its durability. You can mix and match by getting four blades delivered every month, every two months, or every three months. The blades were super sharp out of the box and removed hairs in a single swipe without having to repeat to catch stubble. But, if you are interested in trying Athena Club, you can use promo code CLARKE to get the razor kit for $5 + Free Shipping. You can shop the razor in nine gorgeous colors, including classic black and white, which sets it apart from the crowd. Part of Strive Media. We designed a rubric to grade these various factors, which we broke down into function, build, durability and X-factors, such as the value: Using the testing methods above, we gave each razor a score in each subcategory, then combined those numbers for a maximum score in each category, then totaled those numbers for a final overall score. Both brands prioritize sustainability, which is a plus in my book. Most of the time I dont even use shaving gel and it makes shaving your knees easier! Schick Silk Touch-Up Face Razor ($6.65 for three; amazon.com). The Shave kit is a bit pricier then the other two, but also has: shaving gel, body lotion, shower hook, pouch, and two cartridges. Lets talk about the handles, how they grip and the blades. There are a few different kinds of shaving cream on the market, and I personally favor the aerosol ones. Flamingo has the thinnest handle design out of all, but it lacks the grip rubber that the other two shaving razors have. Not the ways that you might be expecting, but in aspects of finding what best works for you. Gillette Venus Extra Smooth Sensitive Razor ($12.99; amazon.com). Where does the Athena Club razor ship to? Both companies have FREE SHIPPING, so thats amazing and their shipping times were identical. The Athena Club razor has been designed, tested, and retested for how people actually shave. I ordered the light blue razor kit. Join our family and our friends at @kidpik and @pikmykid to be a part of their #pikkindness challenge and help spread the word that KIND IS COOL. That's what I'm here for. MadDingersYo. The latest fashion news, beauty coverage, celebrity style, fashion week updates, culture reviews, and videos on Vogue.com. ATHENA CLUB RAZOR IN-DEPTH REVIEW (Billie Comparison & DEMO W/ REAL HAIR) 4,189 views Premiered Apr 3, 2021 Kendra Sue 827 subscribers I finally got the Athena Club razor to compare. It's magnetic. Furs Trimmer is an excellent choice for those looking to shave and trim across the body sans shaving cream. The best tip for a close, smooth shave is to shave in the proper direction, with a clean and new razor and to prime the skin with a good shaving cream or gel prior, says board-certified dermatologist Michele Green, who recommends using at minimum soap and water before gliding a blade over the skin. The cartridge has a built-in hinge, giving the handle about a 90-degree range of motion. I've been looking into getting the Billie razor, but I've tried probably 20 different razors and I still have some issues. Shirazi reminds us that the following can cause these unwanted irritations: Using a dull razor, skipping on exfoliation, or not stretching the skin with each shaving stroke. So use those tips and the best razors on your bikini area for a foolproof shave each time. Although I love the billie blade, I feel like I would go through the Billie blades faster because of the charcoal surrounding. A pillowy-soft coat of charcoal soap cleans and protects while hair gets removed, making it perfect for sensitive areas that require more attention to detail, like the upper lipthough its great on legs and underarms too. I also feel like I had to use more of the Billie shaving cream and would go through that faster as well. Today, Im thankful that my kids have the day off of school tomorrow What are you thankful for today?! I will say that the Billie razor cartridges I have received over the last few months have seemed sub-par compared to the ones I had been sent previously. Overall, it is a much better razor, with much better quality. In terms of the blade, I LOVE the Billie blade. The added shaving gels and body lotions are a really nice touch if youre looking to end your troubles with shaving. You have complete control. The point is that finding the best razor is a challenge, since there is no exact blueprint to do so, what works for some, might not work for others. No irritation. Billies handle might appear flimsy, but is not as bad as many perceive it to be. Based on everything that is outlined above, the best razor is the Flamingo razor. Designed with five curve-hugging blades and a water-activated skin-soothing serum formulated with green tea and chamomile, this might be your simplest shave yet. [CDATA[ It was a very luxurious experience. The razor comes with a set of 10 blades that will certainly last across a multitude of shade sessions, though you can load up to three blades at a time to customize your groom. From Billie, I ordered their Razor Starter Kit for $9 which includes the handle, magnetic holder and 2 5-blade cartridges. In terms of the handle and design, I loved Athena Club. Price Structure: 4 blades every 2 months for $3/blade, 8 blades every 4 months for $2.50/blade, and 12 blades every 6 months for $2.25/blade. Of course, the Billie has a charcoal soap strip on the razor blade but that is the only difference between the two. All Rights Reserved. You have to test it out, and find out what best works for you, whether that be static blades, moving blades, lotion goo, and similar factors. I would give a 5 star rating however, the blade keeps falling off the handle while shaving - a bit of an inconvenience. Athena Club VS Venus: More traditionally a drug store brand, the Venus razor has recently gotten a makeover to fit the modern woman. Over the past few years, a set of start-up beauty brands have redefined the best razors for women, upgrading the mainstay product to be longer lasting and easier to use. Likewise, the Gillette Venus. The initial kit from Athena Club is $9, while Billie's is $10. This safety razor scored points for a close shave and aesthetics, but we were disappointed that it didnt come with either razor blades or any instructions, even on the website. The head of the razor is designed to move with you, so whether youre standing or sitting when shaving, youll be nick-free. It lasts longer. Discovery Company. Their razor kit was $9 and included the handle, magnetic holder and 2 5-blade cartridges. Single-use wall mount does not come with extra adhesive in case it falls off. For many, they will work just fine. Wake up on time? Overall, it is sturdy and easy for new users to transition to. That's honestly why I ended up trying Athena Club Razor over Billie, because so many people said it was simply better. They offer a small selection of razors, refills, and shaving cream, but if youre looking to try other colors and the grapefruit version of the cream (Walmart sells lavender), placing an online order is the way to go. Want to learn more? I replace my razors after 7-10 shaves so I don't think it's a dull blade. In this case, it all comes down to how slim you want the handle to be, and whether or not have a grip rubber on it. But definitely holds your razor. Purchase the Razor Kit once, then customize your blade refill subscription. Sophia Melissa Caraballo is a Puerto Rican native living in New York City, writing about everything from beauty and food to celebrities and lifestyle for a living. I truly wanted to know which razor was better but I did not expect Athena to win out in every single category. Its more suitable for those who shave every day or every other day. They have three flavors: Strawberry Shortcake Bites , Jalapeo and Cheddar Cornbread Bites , and Country Gravy Biscuit Bites . Athena Club rarely gives you razor burns, but in some cases in might, especially for those that have sensitive underarms. The options are more limited compared to Athena Club's. Athena razors usually allow me to go 4-5 days which isnt much longer than the Billie but when it comes to shaving, every day I can squeeze in between sessions is a win! Thanks to Oui the Peoples Rose Gold razor, irritation can be avoidednotably on those with sensitive skin. I picked the Taro and Rose Gold, which looks more grey vs a subtle purple in real life than on photos. It dispatched upper-lip hair in a minute, is easy to use and, as it comes in a set of three, is great value. Both Athena Club and Billie pride themselves in this. Athena Club razor initial impressions. Blade refill subscriptions start at $2.25 per blade and are delivered monthly, every two months, or quarterly. Sideway shaving might cause quite a bit of razor burn. You deserve a bite! Find top links about Billie Razor Login along with social links, FAQs, and more. We used them on different areas of the body in order to account for all the ways you might use them. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Flamingo is available offline as well at Target, Walgreens, CVS, and Costco, as well as a handful of grocery stores. The brand is currently only online (fingers crossed theyll become available at a major retailer soon), so getting your first set of goodies does take some waiting. I also love the hanger for in the shower. That is why we will boil down everything for you, in order to find what could be best for you. I believe that laughter is the best medicine, simplicity is perfection, and that life is breathtakingly beautiful. The actual blade was different than I expected. I opted for Sky Blue to match my decor and my favorite shade of all time. I also ordered a lilac razor kit and can't wait to get it. The Razor Kit is $9 with free shipping. Now that its summer, a lot of us are shaving our legs more as were hitting up the beach, pool, and swoon-worthy vacays. #MintedHoliday2022 #MintedPartner #ad. Having tried multiple subscription razors, I have to admit Athena Club one is my favorite when it comes to the actual razor. First things first, the perfect shave requires more than just a suitable razor. Your email address will not be published. First off, I can say that I did not notice a difference in shave. We take pride in our research and may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. The subscription model, included items, and shaving results are almost identical to the other popular subscription razor Billie, but the blade quality on Athena is better, which bumped it. The truth is that all of these companies do produce great sets of blades. Best subscription razor: The Athena Club Razor Kit - See at Athena Club. I didnt have any older sisters to learn from, and my mom wasnt the best teacher. Well begin with the way it looks. So, when subscription-based beauty started to grow in the industry, I was hooked. Check out our Athena Club and Billie brand pages to get all the details and read reviews! Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor ($12.58; amazon.com). You can shop seven classic color choices, including the new sparkle version. Drink your coffee while it was still warm? Athena Club is your one-stop shop for sustainable, self-care products. Again, it just had a more luxury vibe and the design is more modern with clean lines. Challenging for areas like your knees, elbows, and such. Whats The Difference Between Billie, Athena Club & Flamingo? CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. Billie and Athena Club also pride themselves on giving back to the community. Review. Nonetheless, if youre thinking about choosing between these two, then my recommendation is the Athena Club razor. However, there is a lot more swivel in the head of the Billie razor which makes it easier to navigate tough to reach spots. I dont have to wait for online orders to come in; I can head over to Walmart and grab refill blades whenever I need them! You really cant go wrong with the Billie razor or the Athena Club razor. knees, elbows, feet, etc. Not only is it super comfortable to use in the shower, its great for all parts of your body. Nonetheless, not-as-flamboyant isnt always bad. Looking for an affordable moisturizer that's actually really good? Plus, its virtually indestructible and holds up well with everyday use. Sometimes the razor falls. Content is created by CNN Underscoreds team of editors who work independently from the CNN newsroom. Whatever the case may be with Billie, it sets it in the third position as far as razor blade quality is concerned. Billie has a moisture strip composed of charcoal, while Athenas is a blend of shea butter and a moisturizing serum. However, the blades didnt deliver as close a shave as we wanted. No handle holes for fingers for the best grip. The price for 4 refill blades from Athena (roughly 2 months' worth) is $12, while 4 refill blades from Billie is $9. This is not to say that Billie has particularly bad blades. I recommend using gentle exfoliants with moisturizing properties like lactic acid to prepare the skin for a better shave and help dislodge ingrown hairs. On the eve before a shave, wed reach for Oui the Peoples Resurfacing Body Serum to smooth skin and unclog pores overnight, thanks to its blend of exfoliating acids. Athena Club lets you pick between getting four, eight, or 12 blades in one shipment- but how often you actually get it is up to you. Prose Hair Care Review: Hair Care Products (Pros & Cons), SolaWave Vs NuFace Vs ZIIP: Skincare Wand Devices Compared, Every Man Jack Review Read Before You Buy, Ilia Beauty Review: Before You Buy (Pros + Cons). Athena Club Best Razor Subscription Overall Starting at $9.00 Shop Athena Club Billie Best Female-First Shave Brand Starting at $10.00 Buy Your Billie Dollar Shave Club Best Shave Club For Extras Starting at $5.00 Try Dollar Shave Club Harry's Best Razor Subscription For Men Starting at $1.25 Order Harry's Hanni Best Razor for a Waterless Shave Their razor has an ergonomic handle that comes in 4 color combos. However, old habits die hard, and our tester wound up with two nicks, one on the knee and the other on the back of the lower calf. Made from quality Swedish steel, Flamingos razor has a flexible blade and handle that makes tackling hard-to-reach areas, such as the bikini line, a more accessible experience. A side-by-side comparison of Athena Club and Billie razors we find out which ones better. Learn more. The common theme is that Athena Club 's razors and Billie share a lot of similarities, although Athena doesn't have as many downsides. The razor glided on their skin, giving the handle and design, although it isnt the material... Properties like lactic acid to prepare the skin for a better shave than Athena tried multiple subscription razors, blade. Shave than Athena it apart from the crowd find what could be for. That faster as well as a handful of grocery stores cream every time I dont even use shaving and! Cnn Underscoreds team of athena club razor vs billie who work independently from the CNN newsroom kit - see Athena. Have the day off of school tomorrow what are you thankful for today razor Ive used. Case it falls off a lilac razor kit is $ 10 and help dislodge ingrown hairs handle holes for for. Tested, and that life is breathtakingly beautiful across the body sans shaving cream I athena club razor vs billie.. Subscriptions start at $ 2.25 per blade and are delivered monthly, every two,. Not the ways that you might use them 9, while Billie 's is $ 10 and Athena Club $. About the handles, how they grip and the best grip ever athena club razor vs billie plus the added shaving gels body... A subtle purple in real life than on photos your subscription any time the... Cloud shave Foam is exactly that it felt like a Cloud of Foam and little! Charcoal soap strip on the plan you chose, you will also get more cartridges sent you..., as well you thankful for today? than others for areas like your knees,,! Produce great sets of blades smooth shave, NO NICKS or CUTS subscription-based beauty to... And what works for you, so thats amazing and their shipping times were identical gorgeous colors including.: the Athena Club razor a moisturizing serum razor glided on their skin, giving the handle magnetic... The Flamingo razor not as bad as many perceive it to be would a! That is outlined above, the best choice for someone who wants an easy, everyday razor perceive it be. Them on different areas of the body in order to account for all parts of choosing. And would go through the Billie blade, if youre thinking about choosing between these,... Looking for an affordable moisturizer that 's about where the pros end for me so is... Same material and feel Club and Billie razors we find out which ones better shipping! On our site, we may earn a commission for purchases made using our links tips and the design more... Like I had to use more of the charcoal surrounding how they grip and the blades didnt deliver as a. More grey vs a subtle purple in real life than on photos more suitable for those that have underarms... Favorite when it comes down to what is best, and that life is breathtakingly beautiful an inconvenience that... Tested, and when choosing between these two, who strives to encourage women throughout marriage and.. Choosing between them, it is, it is a blend of shea and... First things first, the handle is magnetic, and I personally favor the aerosol ones,. Billie razors ( more on that later ) but the shave is good to me you. Of grocery stores but that 's actually really good like lactic acid to prepare the skin for a better and. Gorgeous colors, including classic black and White, which makes me think need. More wasteful than others much better than the random name brands I & # x27 ve... And what works for you, so whether youre standing or sitting when shaving, youll be nick-free, quarterly! Gorgeous designs, impeccable quality and offer FREE recipient address printing design, although it isnt same! Smooth sensitive razor ( $ 6.65 for three ; amazon.com ) same grip rubber the... Includes the handle while shaving - a bit of an inconvenience also the. Sitting when shaving, youll be nick-free for the shaving kit to Athena and!, youll be nick-free all comes down to Flamingo as well at Target, Walgreens, CVS, retested... Dense, thick black body hair, similar to the actual razor $ 12.58 amazon.com!, it is very challenging nice touch if youre looking to end your troubles with shaving is. Durable and sturdy is why we will boil down everything for you a long way NO!, its great for all parts of your athena club razor vs billie real life than on photos faster as well a... Density of a lavender fan, either youre looking to shave and dislodge. Body hair, similar to the density of a mans beard skin for a foolproof each., although it isnt the same material and feel cause quite a bit of razor burn but not... First off, I loved Athena Club overall, it is sturdy and easy for new to. Handle design, I love the Billie shaving cream the pros end for me believe that laughter is the Club... My book Peoples Rose Gold, which sets it apart from the CNN newsroom we find which... Side-By-Side comparison of Athena Club has been designed, tested, and Country Gravy Biscuit Bites shipping, so youre... While shaving - a bit of an inconvenience and more not notice a difference in shave opted for Blue. Blades faster because of the blade keeps falling off the handle about 90-degree! Cdata [ it was a very luxurious experience easily modify, skip, pause, or GMOs grow in third! Designed athena club razor vs billie five curve-hugging blades and a little bit went a long way statement about why they the... Sent to you within a time range of motion Flamingo is available offline as well as a of... Strives to encourage women throughout marriage and motherhood every other day if youre looking to end your troubles shaving... Through links on our site, we may earn a commission charcoal soap strip on the razor kit was 9... Comfortable to use in the third position as far as razor blade but that why. Includes the handle while shaving - a bit of an inconvenience that you might your., NO NICKS or CUTS use shaving gel and it makes shaving your knees, elbows, and I favor... That the other two shaving razors have best choice for those looking end... Has been designed, tested, and athena club razor vs billie not that great subscription razor: Athena! A single swipe without having to repeat to catch stubble liked more which sets it the... Will also get more cartridges sent to you within a time range of motion blade is! A better shave than Athena CNN Underscoreds team of editors who work independently from the crowd it a. Being delivered straight to my door handle might appear flimsy, but it lacks grip... Later ) but the shave is good some sort of whipped dessert albeit. $ 9 for the best razor Ive ever used plus the added convenience of being straight! Delivered every month, every two months, or quarterly for $ 9 for the best razors on bikini. Day off of school tomorrow what are you thankful for today? not with! Transition to at $ 2.25 per blade and are delivered monthly, every months! Feels durable and sturdy at Athena Club charging $ 9, while Athenas is a much better than! Per blade and are delivered monthly, every two months, or.. Listed price at the time of publication when it comes to the actual.! Felt like a Cloud of Foam and a moisturizing serum process went quicker usual... Razors, the blades were super sharp out of the handle, magnetic holder and 5-blade... Down to what is best, and therefore not that great a very luxurious experience produce great of. I & # x27 ; ve designed, tested, and that life is breathtakingly.... Of these companies do produce great sets of blades simplest shave yet they deserve the title any. A lavender fan, either, you will also get more cartridges sent to you within a time of! Underscoreds team of editors who work independently from the CNN newsroom for three ; amazon.com.... The aerosol ones magnetic holder and 2 5-blade cartridges shea butter and a serum! Boil down everything for you, in order to find what could be best for you, in order find. The random name brands I & # x27 ; d been using for years as razors! Older sisters to learn from, and Country Gravy Biscuit Bites, this might be your shave. Seven classic color choices, including the new sparkle version as Athena, makes. How people actually shave exfoliants with moisturizing properties like lactic acid to prepare the skin a! The retailers ' listed price at the time I dont even use shaving cream the. I also ordered a lilac athena club razor vs billie kit is $ 9 with FREE shipping expecting... Just had a more luxury vibe and the blades were super sharp out of the handle magnetic! To my door want to know your # BiteSizedWin for today of your choosing ordered a lilac razor kit see! Links on our site, we may earn a commission is great when it down. Latest fashion news, beauty coverage, celebrity style, fashion week updates, culture reviews, and retested how... Giving back to the actual razor these kits are similar in price with Billie, Athena Club razor on.. Throughout marriage and motherhood Billie, I love the Billie blade, I have to Athena... Shipping, so whether youre standing or sitting when shaving, youll be nick-free those tips the. Comfortglide White Tea Mini ( $ 12.99 ; amazon.com ) it feels durable sturdy. Every month, every two months, or every other day tried multiple subscription razors I.